All RoadHawk products are supplied with a full 1 year manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase.
Limited Warranty Statement
This Limited Warranty shall apply to the RoadHawk products including all accessories “the Product”. RoadHawk warrants the product from its authorized distributor will meet the applicable product specifications and be free from all defects in material and workmanship for an applicable period herein “Limited Warranty”. This Limited Warranty is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
1. This Limited Warranty is given only to the original purchaser of the Product “Customer” it shall neither exclude nor limit a) any statutory rights of the Customer or b) any of the Customer’s rights against the sellers of the Product.
2. The Limited Warranty shall be restricted to the country/region of Product purchase this is to avoid excessive import or exportation of the Product throughout the supported countries.
3. This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in countries where the Product is sold. Outside of the country of purchase, any repairs performed by RoadHawk’s Authorized Service Centre are subject to charge to the purchaser at normal repair rates.
4. The Limited Warranty entitles the Customer to a Product replacement or a full refund of the purchase price for any defects relating to the performance and / or functioning of the Product which result from normal use of the Product, provided that such a defect arises within ten (10) days of the original date of purchase of the Product and cannot be otherwise repaired. RoadHawk will provide a replacement or repair of the Product at RoadHawk’s own expense for any such defect arising after ten (10) days but within two (2) month of the original date of purchase. This Limited Warranty may not be sold – on, assigned, transferred or given to any subsequent purchaser or acquirer of the Product.
5. This Limited Warranty shall last for two (2) years from the date of original purchase “Warranty Period”. A valid original invoice “Proof of Purchase” is required.
6. This Limited Warranty covers expenses for inspecting and repairing the product during the term of the Limited Warranty. Customer shall deliver the defective Product to the RoadHawk – designated premises together with the proof of purchase, and proof of identity of the Customer. Products shipped by the Customer missing any one of these documents may render this Limited Warranty invalid. If the defect was the result of the Customer’s own mishandling of the Product, force majeure, or the result of a repair by an unauthorized service provider, the Customer shall bear all expenses relating to shipping such a defective Product.
7. RoadHawk will return the repaired Product or another Product to the Customer in good working condition. All replaced faulty Products or components thereof will become the property of RoadHawk.
8. This Limited Warranty applies only to the original hardware components of the Product and does not apply to any software or other equipment.
9. If RoadHawk repairs or replaces the Product, the repaired or replaced Product shall continue to be warranted for the remaining term of the Limited Warranty period or for three (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
10. Before returning any units for service, the Customer is solely responsible for backing up data and removing any confidential, proprietary, or personal information from the Product. RoadHawk is not responsible for damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removal storage media.
11. This Warranty does NOT cover recovery from any software updates, installation and removal of the application software, or any loss of data storage.
12. RoadHawk reserves the right to add, delete or amend the terms and conditions of this Limited Liability and any such change will be made available to the purchasers of the Product either RoadHawk’s Web site (http://www.roadhawk.co.uk) or by other means.
13. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THE DEFECT WAS CAUSED THROUGH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
(a) The Product serial number, the accessory date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or is illegible; or
(b) The defect is resulting from the use of the product in a manner other than their normal and customary manner, e.g., in excess of their minimum specification of operating instructions, or malfunction or failure resulting from use of uncalibrated voltages; or
(c) Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear. All plastic surfaces and other natural wear of externally exposed parts of the product are scratched or damaged under normal usage; or
(d) The defect is arising from improper installation, unauthorized repair, alteration or modification to the Product by third parties; or
(e) The defect is arising from operating with components or accessories (ancillary or peripheral equipment) not officially authorized or provided by RoadHawk or used in other than its intended use; or
(f) The defect or damage is arising from unauthorized modification: or
(g) The defect or damage is arising from misuse, mishandling, accidental lost, abuse, accident, negligence and damage caused directly or indirectly by Customer, including but not limited to improper testing, installation, alteration or modification or any kind, or spillage of food or liquid, or build-up of dirt or dust, or mains supply problem, thunderstorm activities, or infestation by insects or vermin, or exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, or operation with extreme heat or humidity; or
14. WHERE A DEFECT WAS UNDETECTABLE BY THEN-AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGY OR WAS THE RESULT OF COMPLYING WITH THE APPLICABLE REGULATORY STANDARDS OF WHERE THE DEFECT WAS THE RESULT OF THE CHANGE IN THE DESIGN OF THE PRODUCT COMPONENTS SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY, ROADHAWK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSS OF
15. This Limited Warranty does not affect the Customer’s statutory rights in law specific to the country of purchase, and such – rights remain protected. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential loss or damage, or limitation of the implied warranties, in which case the preceding limitation of exclusions may not apply to such Customers. Please note warranty service availability and response times may vary from country to country and may also be subject to registration requirement in the country of purchase. If you require assistance regarding warranty conditions, or have any other inquiries, please contact the RoadHawk Customer Care Centre or via the official website.
16. RoadHawk reserve the right to make changes to the software including but not limited to the way mapping data is displayed and the service used to provide this data.
17. RoadHawk cannot access your personal data from the camera although the GPS data from the camera will be transmitted over the internet to the mapping data servers in order to provide the map display within the software. Video, audio and G-Force data is NOT transmitted over the internet during video playback.
18. NO data from the camera is transmitted whilst the camera is functioning as a recorder in your vehicle.
19. Video, Audio, G-Force data and GPS data stored on the camera’s SD card can be used in evidence against you in some countries. In some countries, police authorities reserve the right to seize such data from the SD card in the camera and use it as evidence against you.